Monday, September 15, 2014

The Beginning of BBBB

Welcome to Beneath the Blanket Book Blog!

I decided to start this blog after a little nudge from one of my friends. I read a lot...and I mean a LOT. So, after months of talking and sharing books with a close group of friends, she mentioned that I should start a blog.

Well, here it is!

I'm planning to dedicate this blog to anything book related. Literally, anything.  I'm pretty sure the majority of my posts will be reviews of books that I am, or have read. Now, I have read soooo many books already that I'm going to have to reread them in order to write a review, but don't worry, I read quite fast.

Since this is the beginning of this blog, it will take some time to build. At first, I may introduce you to some of my favourite authors, or some of the books that I absolutely love. As this blog develops, I am hoping to do a lot more.


Now, a little bit about the person behind BBBB:

Ever since I was a child, I had a passion for reading. I would literally read everything in sight. I loved books.  As I grew up into my teens, I started reading a lot more and eventually it became my life.

Now, in my mid-twenties, all I do is read. Don't get me wrong, I have a life. I'm a full-time student in my final year of post-secondary, studying to become an elementary teacher.  When I'm not doing work for school, working, or planning my wedding, I am usually found with my Kobo in my hand. I'd rather read a good book than sit down in front of the television.

Over the summer, I was part of this non-official "book club" with a few friends from work. We started sharing books that we liked, talking about them, and the usual.  I started out at the beginning of the summer with making them a list of all the books I've read at the time that were worth sharing (I honestly think there were at least a hundred books on that list...just imagine how many I have now...).

I mentioned before that I read quite fast, and I do. I usually finish a book a day (well, four hours actually). Out of my little non-official book club, I was always the first one done a book and I would always pressure them into finishing so we could talk about it without me spoiling it. I'm one of those people that can't put a book down once it's been opened, especially if it's an amazing read.  I've also been known to forgo sleep, food, and life while reading a book.  I think the most I've gone without sleeping because of reading is...possibly three days. Who needs sleep?

I typically read anything that sounds interesting, and sometimes I've randomly come across a book that I just read for the sake of it and it ended up becoming a hidden gem.  I usually read a lot of those new contemporary romance books (yes, even the smutty ones). Those I love.

I like to indulge myself in the lives of the characters in the books I read.  Like George R.R. Martin said:

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
The man who never reads lives only one."   
- George R. R. Martin

Alright, enough about me! I want to know more about you!


What are your favourite books?
What type of books do you like to read?
What do you look for when choosing your next read?
Who do you talk to about books that you like?
Which authors are to die for?
Do you write?
Anything else you'd love to share?
Ideas for the blog?



Feel free to comment below or send me an email at beneaththeblanketbb@gmail.com or using the form to the right.  Also, if you do comment or send an email, just note that I may quote your comment or email in future posts to share with others (with all the crediting, of course!).

Lastly, if you have recently read a book and think that it definitely deserves some spotlight and would love to share a review, feel free to email me your post and I can post it on your behalf (I'll credit you with whatever information you've provided in the message).

Please remember, this is a blog. An opinionated blog. I do have my own thoughts about certain books and authors, whether or not they're the same as others'. No matter if you agree or disagree, please try to be respectful with your comments and posts. Thank you!


Anyways, much love!

~ BB♡

Update - September 19th : Just wanted to let you know that I will try my hardest to keep my reviews SPOILER-FREE. I know how much it sucks to read a review only to have the whole book ruined for you.

If on the rare occasion, I do include a spoiler, I will make sure you know it way before you start reading the post (ex, in the title of the post, and the first line of the post) 

No comments:

Post a Comment