Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Review: "Easy to Love You" by Megan Smith

Do NOT read this review if you haven't read the first book in the series: "Trying Not to Love You" by Megan Smith. This is the second book in the series and needs to be read after you've read the first one. Although there are no spoilers about the second book, it does rely on you reading the first one.

Clicking on the cover will take you to its Goodreads page.


Hunter finally has MacKenzie Cahill, the girl of his dreams. A horrible accident finds those dreams threatened. As their lives change, secrets begin to surface. These revelations could prove to be either the downfall of Hunter and MacKenzie or the catalyst that strengthens their bond.

Hunter has painful choices to make. Will he realize what he has before it’s gone? He knows what he must do to save his future, but will he be leaving everyone else in his past?

Will the bond between the two families be strong enough to keep them together?

~

 I'm actually so upset that I wasn't able to finish this earlier...I should have been done on the weekend. Unfortunately, I had a few things to do this weekend and things for school to finish up. I'm so sorry.

Anyways, if you've read my previous review "Trying Not to Love You" then you would know that this is the second book of that series. I literally started reading this book the moment I finished the first one.  This series just keeps getting better and better, and I commend Megan Smith for keeping her readers captivated because most sequels are definitely not as good as the first in the series.

"Easy to Love You" is the continuation of Kenzie and Hunter's story and starts off at that major cliffhanger that I told you about at the end of the first book. Oh. My. God. The storyline could have, honestly, taken off in any direction whatsoever and I found my mind reeling with possibilities as I was reading the first few pages. I would think that one thing was going to happen, then all of a sudden I'd think another thing, and then randomly think another thing. I love the unpredictability in a good story. Keeps you on your toes.

As mentioned before, Hunter is just the epitome of "book boyfriend' and this book just confirms it. He really is that good.  You get a lot more Hunter in this book as there are more scenes that are from his point-of-view and I love it. I love it when you get to experience the guy's side of something.  There is a lot more emphasis on Hunter in this book as well, which is fine by me. The more Hunter the better.  You gather some insight on his past and his family, and although it's not always positive, it really does make you want to bring him into your arms and just...you know. Some of the things that you learn about him and his past are a little emotional.

Kenzie and Hunter have their relationship, finally, and it's just incredible. I love the love they have for each other. It's amazing.  It's even more incredible knowing that they've felt like this since the beginning of time.  Their relationship is strong and loving, but sure enough, they have their rough patches. It's during those rough patches that I get so frustrated. It's almost like when you find yourself screaming at the television when some idiot goes into a dark room (that you know is totally full of zombies). Tonnes of dramatic irony. The reader gets to read both Kenzie's and Hunter's points-of-view, and well, ugh, it frustrates you to hell when they won't work things out because you know they should. I think I may have found myself yelling at my Kobo because of that..."Stupid Hunter, what the hell are you doing?!?" or "Kenzie, just shut up and listen!". Yup. I'm an active reader.

Enough about that. Aside from Kenzie and Hunter, you also gain a little insight into Hailey and Mason's relationship. There are a few scenes that are written from their points-of-view and although they are supposed to add to the current story line about Kenzie and Hunter, those scenes really do help you get a feel for Hailey and Mason (who happen to have their own story in "Hard to Love You", which is the third book in the series...also the book I just started after finishing this one, so be prepared for another review in the next couple of days).

I really wish that Megan Smith would continue Kenzie and Hunter's story, because I feel that they didn't have enough "time". The story could have continued for at least another book or two.  I'm not sure if Megan is going to do another Kenzie and Hunter one, but I know there are two books up on Goodreads that have no summary at the moment (well, one of them has the names of the people who are going to be focused, but the other one doesn't...so hopefully it's another Kenzie and Hunter).

I can't wait to finish this series because it's just so good! I can't get enough! But on the other hand, I don't want the series to finish because I want more, much more...Catch-22. BUT, you should definitely, most definitely check this series out because I can guarantee you that you will love it!

~

You can find "Easy to Love You" by Megan Smith at your local bookstore, or online at:


Keep reading!

Much Love!

-BB♡

No comments:

Post a Comment