Thursday, October 2, 2014

Review: "Lascivious" by Shea Swain

As much as I try not to, this review might include some hints that may lead to spoilers, sooooo read at your own risk.

Clicking on the cover will take you to its Goodreads page.


Lascivious: adjective-[luh-siv-ee-uh s] - inclined to lustfulness; wanton; lewd.

Reece, a good guy with a sweet chunk of bad boy mixed in, was hot as Hell. But to Lilly, Reece was just Reece. To see him as anything else was silly. He would always be her older brother's annoying best friend. That was until the day Reece had carried her to her bedroom, lost his balance, and his fingers slipped under her loose shorts, and into her panty-less crotch. For Lilly, it had awakened and confirmed her darkest desires.

She wanted more.

When Lilly was left in his care, Reece had the best intentions of being a responsible "Big Brother", and he had done a great job. For Reece, the slip up (or was it slip-in?) had changed everything. Over the years Lilly had grown from an innocent 13-year old into an 18-year old wet dream walking. She had already been skating on the edge of his self control, wearing little to nothing around the house. One accidental but red-hot touch…and Reece had to release while conjuring an image of Lilly naked and beneath him.

How in the hell was he going to resist little Lilly now, when he wanted inside her so badly?


Warning: Mature content and language not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. All characters are 18years or older.


~
Sooooooo...where to begin. Let's start with:

HOLY SHIT!

I mentioned that I would probably start reading "Lascivious" by Shea Swain in a post a few days ago, even though I'm still reading "Let Me Love You" by Megan Smith, and well, I did. I ended up reading it last night.

First off, it is exactly what I thought it would be like, yet it was completely unpredictable at the same time. Like, come on, that summary gives away practically everything, so the storyline is pretty much a given...but what you don't expect is all the sudden twists and turns and loop-de-loops that keep you on your toes.

At first, the story was pretty much your "girl falls in love with older brother's best friend", but it doesn't play out as it typically would and it sort of turns into "girl falls in love with the man that has her under his care" as it says in the summary. Because it's in the third person point-of-view, you get to see both Lilly's and Reece's side of the struggle while trying to stay apart. Sometimes it's a little frustrating because there is absolutely nothing holding them back from being together but their own stubbornness. When they finally get together, because you know they will, it is so...very...hot. It's intense. Shea writes with such detail that it literally leaves nothing to the imagination, well, the parts that shouldn't be.

From then on is when all predictability goes downhill. There is just so much that happens with Lilly, Reece and a few of the supporting characters, it's insane.  I was constantly like "Whoa!" "Really?" "What the...?" "Are you SERIOUS?" "Holy shit!" "Wow!" "Nice....." and a few other vocables that can't really be typed. 

Shea definitely stays true to the book's title, "Lascivious", as it is truly "lustful, wanton, and lewd". Lilly and Reece literally experience the ultimate fantasies that are so sexy, hot and incredibly enviable...if you like that sort of thing. But I can honestly tell you that I may not have ever considered something like this before now and well, I am definitely having second thoughts. There are a few things that I wouldn't do just because it's a little taboo, even for me, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Regardless, it makes for a very awesome read.

The only things I may not have liked are very minor and personal opinions, so they're very minor. The first thing is that it is really hard to read in the third person point-of-view because of the constant perspective change. I've always preferred first person because it allows the reader to get into the heads of the characters, and gives you a well-rounded understanding of what is going on. Shea's third person did give insight into Lilly and Reece's minds, but to me, I felt it wasn't enough. I like to "live" through the character. Another thing is the choice of words used during "certain" scenes. In my opinion, I don't like using the words "cunt" and "twat", so meh, it just didn't appeal to me. Lastly, it was way too short. I feel that Shea could totally have expanded and made it much longer. This would also give the story a chance to develop and flow together more. Because it was so short, I felt that the scenes were a little random and choppy and didn't flow so well. Don't get me wrong, they were still amazing scenes, but I just think there could have been more of the background story instead of just the nitty-gritty. I understand it was just a novella, and that the title and summary pretty much set you up to know exactly what was entailed, but I just like "more" (as I've said so many times).

Alright, I think I've gone on and on and should probably stop before this turns into a novel itself. Overall, I loved the book. Definitely one of the more mature books because of its focus on sex, but amazing nonetheless. If you're one of those "Fifty Shades of Grey" fans or other erotica books, than you'll definitely love this.  
  
In the mood for your imagination to run wild? Get "Lascivious" by Shea Swain here:
Amazon US 
~

Thanks for reading, and don't forget to share BBBB with any booklovers you know!

-BB♡

No comments:

Post a Comment